You may mistakenly believe you are looking at a dessert menu when you see an ingredient list that includes delicious items such as white tea, pear blossom, and chocolate. These natural ingredients are found in many cosmetics that will make you look fabulous and healthy.
Here are 10 ways to improve your natural beauty in honor of Earth Day.
1. Pay attention to the label. You should look for natural ingredients you recognize such as coconut milk or nut oils in Pure Fiji’s body and bath products. Pure Fiji’s Coconut Sugar Rub is a great way to get glowing, healthy skin. It comes in exotic flavors such as starfruit, passionflower, or mango.
2. Get your vitamins and minerals. Iredale Mineral Cosmetics’ mineral-based makeup offers a concentrated pigment with no fillers like talc. What is the result? The result? You get flawless color and great protection without any risk of skin irritation. Amazing Base Mineral Foundation-SPF 20 is gentle enough to be used on sensitive skin, such as rosacea and eczema.
3. Choose more natural scents. Natural fragrances are more refreshing than synthetic ones. Look for essential oils made from natural fruits and vegetables. Leila Lou by Rosie Jane has a unique blend of fresh-cut grass and pear blossom.
4. Take care of your hair. To keep your hair looking natural and beautiful, look for formulas that are not sulfate-free. Klorane’s Oatmilk Gentle Dry shampoo is ideal for those who are always on the move. It can be used to quickly cleanse your hair without using water, leaving it looking and feeling refreshed.
5. Protect your skin. Avoid using detergents that can dry out your skin. Instead, look for ingredients that will keep it hydrated and healthy. Caudelie’s Grape Water Harvest Mist is a moisturizing mist that is 100% made from grape water.
6. Vege-out. Vege-out. The 100% vegan Jonathan Product Hydrating shampoo moisturizes hair with natural ingredients such as lemon, plum blossom and jasmine. It leaves it shiny and lustrous.
[Hot tip! [Hot tip!] Use makeup tools that are vegan or cruelty-free, such as the Kabuki Brush from Stript. It is made from high quality synthetic fibers and not animal hair.
7. Get rid of all your creams. You can find natural alternatives to anti-aging creams. Epicuren’s After Bath Moisturizer is rich in antioxidants to combat signs of aging. It hydrates skin all day long and comes in delicious scents like orange blossom, papaya pineapple, and vanilla bean.
8. Think pretty. You don’t have to be green if you want the season’s most popular colors. The Iredale Mineral Cosmetics Bling Eye Shadow Kit will give you natural shimmer. This five-piece collection is made with real 24-Karat Gold and includes shades in pure, azure (hot pink), blue violet, sea green, and purple.
9. Pamper yourself. Your skin shouldn’t be dry from bath products. To keep your skin soft and supple, look for natural moisturizers such as coconut oil or safflower oils in LaLicious Whipped Body Soap. Do you have the time to take a relaxing bath? Pure Fiji Coconut Milk Bath Soak is a luxurious indulgence.
10. Whet your appetite. The natural ingredients can not only nourish your skin but also tempt your senses. The Lip Scrub by Sara Happ is made with cocoa powder and jojoba oil. It also contains grape-seed and jojoba oil.